PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
[[INSERT DESCRIPTIONS OF OTHER TYPES OF TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES USED]]
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers Paypal and Shopify payments) email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Third Party associations
We use the following third party platforms and applications:
- Our eNewsletter platform Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/#3._Privacy_for_Contacts
- We use an application called Shopsync to connect our online store to our eNewsletter database https://shopsync.io/privacy-policy
- We also use Facebook and Instagram as sales channels selling platform https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- We use an application called Agecheck to verify website use of people over 18
An exert from their website below
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information we receive about Contacts from our Members: A Member may provide Personal Information about you to us through the Service. When a Member uploads their Distribution List or integrates the Service with another website or service (for example, when a Member chooses to connect their e-commerce account with Mailchimp), or when you sign up for a Member’s Distribution List on a Mailchimp or other signup form, the Member may provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, address, or telephone number. You may have the opportunity to update some of this information by electing to update or manage your preferences via an email you receive from a Member.
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our Service, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
(iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms, and third-party data providers.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you in reliance on our (and where applicable, our Members’) legitimate interests for the following purposes:
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Service. For example, this may include sharing your information with third parties in order to provide and support our Service or to make certain features of the Service available to our Members. When we share Personal Information with third parties, we take steps to protect your information in a manner that is consistent with applicable privacy laws. For further information about how we share information, refer to Section 5 below.
- To perform data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from Mailchimp accounts, including your Personal Information, to provide and improve the Service. We use information, like your purchase history, provided to us by Members, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. For example, we use data from Mailchimp accounts to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation, and predicted demographics features for our Members. If you prefer your data not to be used in this manner, you can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by completing this form or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To carry out other business purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
C. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our third-party partners may use various technologies to automatically collect and store certain device and usage information (as discussed above) when you interact with a Member’s email campaign or connected store, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons or if a Member is using our Mobile App, we may collect this information through our SDKs deployed on our Members mobile device. For example, we use web beacons in the emails we send on behalf of our Members. When you receive and engage with a Member’s campaign, web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the Mailchimp platform was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. Both web beacons and SDKs allow us to collect information such as your IP address, browser, email client type, and other similar data as further described above. We use this information to measure the performance of our Members’ email campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Service, and for the other purposes described above.
D. Your Data Protection Rights
Depending on the country in which you reside, you may have the following data protection rights:
- To access; correct; update; port; delete; restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- For more information about how you can exercise these rights, please see our Data Subject Requests form. You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
As described above, for much of the Personal Information we collect and process about Contacts through the Service, we act as a processor on behalf of our Members. In such cases, if you are a Contact and want to exercise any data protection rights that may be available to you under applicable law or have questions or concerns about how your Personal Information is handled by Mailchimp as a processor on behalf of our individual Members, you should contact the relevant Member that is using the Mailchimp Service, and refer to their separate privacy policies.
If you no longer want to be contacted by one of our Members through our Service, please unsubscribe directly from that Member’s newsletter or contact the Member directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us directly, we may either forward your request to the relevant Member or provide you with the identity of the Member to enable you to contact them directly.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
To sync your data from Mailchimp to our Shopify store we also use a Third party application call Shopsync.
For more details see here: https://shopsync.io/privacy-policy
An exert from their website below:
The ShopSync application does not collect or store any of your personal information. Our application provides a means to securely synchronize your information between MailChimp and Shopify. Your information is not stored as a part of transfer process.
The ShopSync application synchronizes information between Shopify and Mailchimp. The synchronization process requires transfer of information over a secure connection to servers hosted by Amazon Web Services in the United States. During the transfer the information remains encrypted. Your information is not stored or retained by ShopSync after the synchronization takes place.
Shopsync offers the use of a secure server. All information synchronized between Shopify and Mailchimp is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and all transferred information remains encrypted during the synchronization process. After a synchronization, the information synchronized will not be stored on our servers.
Facebook and Instagram Sales Channels
We use facebook and Instagram as an additional Sales channel.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below: